Once you’ve narrowed down the type and size of RV you want to venture out in, attention turns to the really fun part: exploring floorplans and interior features. Today’s RVs are amazingly versatile, with feature-packed layouts suited for everyone from young families to empty nesters.
The comforts and conveniences of home have never traveled so well either; RVing may be an ageless pastime, but design and technology have only accelerated. Practical technology, unexpected luxuries and everyday comforts are all available in today’s RVs.
Perhaps the biggest trend in RV interiors is the adoption of more and more residential interior design concepts. Our most popular pallets today, such as Modern Farmhouse, Cashmere Cottage and Vintage Wash Gray, were all inspired by trends we were seeing on HGTV. Traditional floral and leaf fabric patterns are less common today. Clean lines and lighter, solid colors set the tone more often. Our RVs with white, or light gray, interiors are all the rage.
A clever mix of rustic and contemporary fixtures and details is more common than ever before. The use of multiple wood colors in a single unit—e.g. a lighter shade of wood on kitchen cabinetry to separate the spaces—was once unusual, but our designers have found beautiful ways to bring more color and brightness to the RV world. Goodbye RV “décor”, hello “interior design.”
Generations of Family Fun in Practice
The saying “Generations of Family Fun” inspires a lot of what we do here at Jayco. It even plays into how we develop interiors—continually incorporating features, spaces and design elements that are not only practical for campers of all ages, but also excite them. After all, one of the best things about owning an RV is the extra quality time spent with family. Say goodbye to cramped quarters: Many of today’s RVs have space (and comfort) to spare. If you want a contemporary look that holds up for your family, keep an eye out for:
- Bunk or hide-a-bed models: Some sleep upwards of 10 people and are complete with name-brand mattresses.
- Kid- and pet-friendly flooring: Our new floorplans include a variety of easy-to-clean vinyl flooring finishes that you would find in any residential home.
- Supersized storage options: There are plenty to choose from, including dinette and under-bed storage and ample kitchen cabinet space with modular shelving.
- Exciting entertainment spaces: Perfect for when the outdoor fun dies down—including theater seating in front of big-screen TVs paired with powerful sound systems, comfy game chairs, in-bunk TVs and board-game-ready tables.
- USB charging ports: You’ll find these conveniently placed around the coach from the bedside to integrated into seating.
Some of the amenities in the latest RVs are so contemporary, you may forget you’re in your home away from home. If sleek design and technology are high on your wish list, features like these are sure to catch your attention:
- LED lights have become very popular among both designers and RVers, for good reason. They are the most energy-efficient lighting, shine brighter, come in any color and are a fraction in size of a standard RV incandescent bulb. We’re seeing LEDs throughout today’s RVs—from backlit mirrors to seating areas, gently lit crown molding and under-counter lights.
- Gorgeous backsplashes, eye-catching kitchen islands and espresso-colored wood cabinetry are just a few of the décor features that add an indulgent touch to your RV.
- Say goodbye to sub-par appliances that sacrifice space and aesthetics. Modern, luxury RV models feature full-sized, stainless steel appliances to please even the most discerning gourmet.
- If you’re going the motorized route, today’s RVs offer cockpits that are the peak of stylish comfort and equipped with the latest technology like touchscreen infotainment systems, now standard on most models.
- No more than ten years ago a Bluetooth®-enabled RV may have been a pipe dream. Not anymore. Many RVs feature entertainment systems that can sync with mobile devices, making listening to your favorite campsite songs easier than ever.
We’re always listening, paying close attention to the trends Jayco RVers are loving. Every year we take what we hear and use it to introduce interior redesigns, new color schemes and patterns. Browse all the latest Jayco floorplans and their interior designs today.
*Some specific features or floorplans may not be available in the most recent Jayco model year.